Bangladesh and WFL possibly leads the world in clubfoot research in a countrywide program. In 2019, our eighth research paper published. Entitled: “Successful Treatment of Neglected Clubfeet in 10 Cases Using Ponseti Method, with Outcomes after 8 Years”.
We have now published 8 papers in:
- Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics
- Journal of Foot and Ankle Research
- Bangladesh Medical Research Council Bulletin
- Orthopedic Research Online Journal
Our research papers:
- The Bangladesh Clubfoot Project: the ﬁrst 5 000 feet.
- The Bangla clubfoot tool: a repeatability study.
- The Bangladesh Clubfoot Project: Audit of 2-Year Outcomes of Ponseti Treatment in 400 Children.
- Walk for life–the National Clubfoot Project of Bangladesh: the four-year outcomes of 150 congenital clubfoot cases following Ponseti method.
- Application of ‘Fast Cast’ and ‘Needle Tenotomy’ protocols with the Ponseti method to improve clubfoot management in Bangladesh.
- Outcome of Clubfoot Correction at ‘Walk for Life’ Clinic of Mymensingh Medical College Hospital: A Four Year Review
- Factors Affecting Parents to ‘Drop-Out’ from Ponseti Method and Children’s Clubfoot Relapse
- Successful Treatment of Neglected Clubfeet in 10 Cases Using Ponseti Method, with Outcomes after 8 Years
Further research on frequency of casting and tenotomy techniques is underway.
Dr. Angela Evans; Major General Md. Fashiur Rahman, ndc and Mohommad Mamun Hossen Chowdhury lead the research team.